The Friends of Handforth Station have now dressed the station for Christmas, and we hope that everyone appreciates the bright contribution that it makes to Handforth village. The Christmas decorations comprise:
- twinkly lights around the station building
- a christmas tree inside the ticket office, festooned with more baubles and tinsel than you can shake a stick at
- a festive “Art In the Box” display, comprising a snowy scene with cut-out silhouettes of well-known Christmas characters
Our lights were switched on in time to coincide with the village-wide Handforth Lights Switch On afternoon that took place on Saturday 24th November. FoHS ran a stall that afternoon, featuring a toy train set for children of all ages to play with, a “decorate our train” workspace, and a raffle. We had a lovely afternoon, which included raising £49 for East Cheshire Hospice in memory of our friend Steve Nash.
The results of the raffle were:
- the train set went to ticket 106
- the bottle of sparkling fizz went to ticket 138
- the box of fine chocolates went to ticket 50
- the candy sleigh went to ticket 179
Congratulations to all the winners !
For more details about the Wilmslow Grange’s “Art in A Box”, see this article on wilmslow.co.uk.
FoHS would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !!