FoHS run Work Parties often throughout the year. These are advertised on the web-site here, on Twitter, and on posters displayed at the station.
Our next Work Party will be on Saturday the 30th of November 2019, starting at 09:30. Note: if you’d like to attend a work party but Saturday mornings or Sunday afternoons don’t work for you, please contact us and let us know when suits you !
All are welcome to come along and join a work party. Here’s some more information for those who haven’t helped before:
- Meet outside the station.
- Please get there by the stated start time at the latest – for a safety briefing. If you absolutely cannot arrive by then, then you must contact a FoHS member when you arrive.
- The work is primarily litter-picking and “gardening”, so gardening clothes are recommended. If you have secateurs/loppers/rake/broom and can bring them, please do so.
- There are typically between 5 and 15 people involved, but the more the merrier !
- Children and young adults are more than welcome (bring your sons/daughters/grandsons/granddaughters/etc !) but you must supervise them at all times and you retain responsibility for them (FoHS, Northern Rail and Network Rail cannot take any responsibility for them).
- We normally work for a couple of hours, then adjourn across the road to the Railway Pub for a quick coffee/shandy/whisky.
- Inclement weather (!) does not normally put us off – please dress appropriately !!!
Any questions or comments, please fill in our Contact form.
Scroll down for some pictures of previous Work Parties.