FoHS run Work Parties often throughout the year. These are advertised on the web-site here, on Twitter, and on posters displayed at the station.
The most recent Work Party was on Sunday the 9th of June 2019, during the afternoon. We can’t yet confirm a date for the next one, but we expect it to be in the middle of July. Note: if you’d like to attend a work party but Saturday mornings or Sunday afternoons don’t work for you, contact us and let us know when suits you !
All are welcome to come along and join a work party. Here’s some more information for those who haven’t helped before:
- Meet outside the station.
- Please get there by the stated start time at the latest – for a safety briefing. If you absolutely cannot arrive by then, then you must contact a FoHS member when you arrive.
- The work is primarily litter-picking and “gardening”, so gardening clothes are recommended. If you have secateurs/loppers/rake/broom and can bring them, please do so.
- There are typically between 5 and 15 people involved, but the more the merrier !
- Children and young adults are more than welcome (bring your sons/daughters/grandsons/granddaughters/etc !) but you must supervise them at all times and you retain responsibility for them (FoHS, Northern Rail and Network Rail cannot take any responsibility for them).
- We normally work for a couple of hours, then adjourn across the road to the Railway Pub for a quick coffee/shandy/whisky.
- Inclement weather (!) does not normally put us off – please dress appropriately !!!
Any questions or comments, please fill in our Contact form.
Scroll down for some pictures of previous Work Parties.