Handforth is served by local (stopping) services between Manchester Piccadilly and Alderley Edge/Crewe.
Note: The following are all approximate times and may vary. Visit National Rail or call 08457 48 49 50 for exact details.
Monday-Saturday – generally every half hour to Manchester, every half an hour as far as Alderley Edge, and every hour to Crewe
- First train to Manchester departs 06:16
- First train to Crewe departs 06:25
- To Manchester: approx 19 and 56 past the hour
- To Crewe (via Alderley Edge): approx 25 past the hour
- To Wilmslow and Alderley Edge but no further: approx on the hour
- Last train from Manchester arrives 23:59
- Last train from Crewe arrives 23:43
Sunday – generally every hour to Manchester, and every hour to Crewe (via Alderley Edge)
- First train to Manchester departs 09:27
- First train to Crewe departs 08:29
- To Manchester: approx 25 past the hour
- To Crewe (via Alderley Edge): approx 16 past the hour
- Last train from Manchester arrives 23:18
- Last train from Crewe arrives 23:25
Last updated 28 July 2021
Note that you can book UK rail tickets from Northern (and other train operating companies) via National Rail, with no booking fee.
You can also book train and coach tickets throughout Europe from Trainline, who charge a booking fee.